Our philosophy is simple
Children learn much more in a nurturing and inclusive environment where they feel comfortable and in control. It’s a passion that drives us every single day!
We focus on maximising the unique potential of the natural character of each individual child. Our approach allows this to be achieved for every child in our care.
Flying High Outdoor Nursery offers an everchanging, interesting and enabling environment which allows students the freedom to discover their own passions and create limitless learning opportunities.
We intend our children to be confident, resilient learners who:
- Can resolve conflict reasonably and rationally
- Can communicate their opinions, beliefs and emotions and accept others may think differently
- Believe in themselves and their abilities
- Can recognise risks and understand how to manage them appropriately
- Understand the importance of looking after ourselves, each other and the environment
- Enjoy reading a variety of print including stories and factual texts
- Work together as a team, share ideas and solve problems
- Know how to keep themselves healthy through diet, exercise and oral hygiene
We implement this by:
- Allowing children the freedom to explore and guide their own learning
- Stepping back and observing the children at play, recognising when we adults are needed to scaffold learning and respecting when we would hinder development
- Providing provocations and posing questions to inspire and motivate
- Offering real life experiences and resources
- Creating a flexible, enabling environment where children can take well managed risks
- Developing the environment to close any gaps in understanding
- Recognising when children need additional support, provide interventions and engage with external agencies where appropriate
We monitor the impact of this learning by:
- Tracking children’s progress at least termly using Babys Days
- Talking to parents about their child’s progress and any concerns they/we may have